Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, the leader in wing lift sensors and systems since 1946, has introduced its latest development in leading edge Angle of Attack – the SCc. The system is tailored specifically for certified aircraft in the general aviation market.
In designing the SCc, Safe Flight built on its nearly 70 years of experience in providing aircraft manufacturers primary stall warning and AoA utilizing our patented wing lift sensor technology. The SCc system is comprised of a Lift Transducer mounted on the leading edge of the wing and an Indexer Computer that provides a heads-up display of AoA.
The SCc system delivers precise AoA information to help achieve consistent takeoff, climb, cruise, and landing approach performance through an innovative visual display and audio output.
Simply stated, the SCc was designed by pilots, for pilots. The system is the most accurate and comprehensive Angle of Attack system available for your aircraft.
The SCc Lift Transducer precisely measures the wing’s leading edge stagnation point and airflow. This makes the AoA indication of margin above stall accurate regardless of aircraft weight, wing loading, gear configuration, air density, and slip conditions.
The Indexer Computer is an AoA indicator that incorporates LEDs in the display, making it easy to read in all lighting conditions and features a pilot adjustable Reference Marker for setting AoA targets.
The system provides the pilot with AoA-based guidance for a variety of high-lift operational conditions, including: Normal and Short-field takeoff, Best Angle (Vx) and Best Rate (Vy) Climb, Long Range Cruise (LRC) and Normal and Short-field Landing approach.
- Measures precise changes in AoA by tracking the stagnation point on the wing
- Provides AoA trend information during all phases of flight
- Indicates maximum efficiency with Best Angle and Best Rate Climb, regardless of aircraft weight or center of gravity
- Allows for increased efficiency via LED Reference Marker to compensate for headwind / tailwind in cruise
- Increased situational awareness with Low Airspeed Awareness warning
- Instantaneous visual and audio feedback
- Completely independent of aircraft pitot system, meaning it can be used as a backup in case of a pitot system failure